Thread: Where The Fuck Is Everybody At Now?

Member Rap Dogs Battle Master ::Coherent::'s Avatar

Default Where The Fuck Is Everybody At Now?

Not in terms of on the site I know this shit ain't been active forever, but how is everyone doing musically with their talents? I owe a ton to this site for developing my skills as a writer and an emcee. To this date I have 3 official mixtapes and numerous singles, I've started my own hip hop platform and blog in Las Vegas called Rebel Underground, and recently got my bachelors in history! Not tryna brag but your boy is doing well for himself! How's everyone else, would love to peep some music from the heads here and check y'all out!

https://soundcloud.com/coherent-hiph...prod-by-namesi
    https://rebelundergroundnetwork.wordpress.com/
    [size=1]
    "The Measure Of A Man's Real Character...

Is What He Would Do If He Knew He Would Never Be Found Out." ~ Thomas B. Macauley

SoundCloud

Administrator RD BATTLE MASTER admin's Avatar

Default Re: Where The Fuck Is Everybody At Now?

I'm on a show that's touring Europe this year. Right now I'm on break at the Fringe Theater Festival in Edinburg, Scotland. Working on my master's degree and of course always producing new music.

Now days I'm not doing anything music related, but during my few years between RD and now I had my own studio, produced a few low-key albums and got to work with a couple bigger names including MC Breed (RIP). Interned in NYC at QPrime/Mom+Pop Records and got a Bachelor's in Music Industry Management. Unfortunately, that didn't pan out for me- still bums me out. Either way, this site was definitely a big part of my brief music history.

-S_Ŧ_A-
    Emcee Arsenal

MySpace Music
    Soundclick

"Hip hop is a culture that accepts anyone who accepts it."
    -Gemcee

The Genius Club
    We put the "G" in "Genius"

Member RD1 Rap Dog

Quote Originally Posted by ::Coherent:: View Post
    Not in terms of on the site I know this shit ain't been active forever, but how is everyone doing musically with their talents? I owe a ton to this site for developing my skills as a writer and an emcee. To this date I have 3 official mixtapes and numerous singles, I've started my own hip hop platform and blog in Las Vegas called Rebel Underground, and recently got my bachelors in history! Not tryna brag but your boy is doing well for himself! How's everyone else, would love to peep some music from the heads here and check y'all out!

https://soundcloud.com/coherent-hiph...prod-by-namesi
    https://rebelundergroundnetwork.wordpress.com/
    You're in LV? I lived in Vegas from 2012-2014. Was still doing music back then, met some cool cats. I'm assuming you know Jeff (Ekoh)? One of the biggest local dudes in Vegas. How long u been there?

Anyhow, got a family now. Going for my MBA and my wife's a school teacher... how fucking typically suburban.

Administrator RD BATTLE MASTER admin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T.C. View Post
    Interned in NYC at QPrime/Mom+Pop Records and got a Bachelor's in Music Industry Management. Unfortunately, that didn't pan out for me- still bums me out. Either way, this site was definitely a big part of my brief music history.
    What was your experience like at the internship? I've actually seen a recent intern opening posted from them.

Who did you get the Bachelor's degree from, and what was your experience like with that school?

Member Rap Dog Level III

Shoot. Oh snap. I just decided to revisit this site. Been into watching a lot of rap battles lately.

I was only active a little bit on here. Damn. I'm sure everyone's grown up with kids now. Some of y'all probably engineers and bio-chemists, lol.
    RD was fun back then anyhow still... definitely one of the best text-battling sites I've been on. I've seen the best of the best, so I respected RD a lot.

Ok, well to answer the question. My personal mission wasn't to be a rapper per se. But I'm currently working as a graphic designer and creative director.
    One of my clients, is a very talented Toronto singer/rapper named Oddane taylor: (www.oddanetaylor.com)

We've actually visualized and shot about 10 music videos since last Ocotober. Most exciting set was in Miami, (checked off my bucket list! lol).
    As for me, musically, I still write poetry and attend some open mics around Tdot, (I think I'm more into the Spoken-Word vibes and the art of battle rapping), but I might drop a CD one day, God knows! lol

Check out my IG: @Poetryman1

Anyways, it's my departure time...
    It's really good to browse through this artifact right here, and see what's up with the newbies and old heads on the site. I know some of them will never see this site again (that's life).
    I thought of contributing some insights (starting a Youtube channel), in terms of elevating young people into the art of rhyming, poetry, and breaking down battle raps. That's more of a future goal tho (just a thought right now).

But yeah. Good lookin out RD! Peace everyone! Keep up the good work!!

(If I don't reply or come back, my last word is to keep reaching for the starz! Dreams are possible. LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST!)
    It sounds cliche, but it's timeless for a reason: NEVER GIVE UP!!

:Peace:

RD1 Little Puppy

Got dang good to see a 10 year vet..

Man I rep the new school, interesting to see how many folks rise, and fall..

i live in denver. did 84 show tours last year. music music music. wrote a book, paintings, stand up comedy. anything off the dome