and if we find ourselves in need of a new sensation
    how bout we all just rap about respect and toleration
    and remind em that sucess takes hard work and dedication
    theres nothin u cant do if u learn 2 have the patience
    and when ur moment comes u cant show no hesatition
    cuz this world can b so scary like the book of revelations

Member Rap Dog Level VI

Default Re: My First Christian Rap Song

On point. Dont Stop. Pray Ask 4 the Holy Ghost. Believe Please first things first Believe that u r now filled amd overflowing with the Holy Spirit then Create with All Power. Be the Best Shining Example that u can Be. AR

thx homie i was worried about how everyone was gonna read it cause trust me the flow i got worked out for it is on point
    and people dont seem dont think my ish flow right when they read but when i record it (if i had a mic) (or a decent pc) everyone always says thats 1 thing i got goin for me is my flow so just trust me if u like the lyrics u gonna dig it when i get it recorded i feel like this song gon be good enough 2 compete wit tha other music in the genre (at least) and someone told me i should quit if i was in rap for money (and though i have a passion 4 this rap ish regardless) i think i can get a few dollaz out this game even if i just ghostwrite 4 sum1 i could like of ten rappers out there that aint writin on this level or at least with this kinda substance

(anyway all that said bcuz if i need a reality check and this still aint good enough 2 do nothin well i need that)thx in advance for any and all feed and it will b returned
    Last edited by JDough; 11-03-2012 at 02:50 PM. Reason: typo

Member RD1 Medium Puppy Jayburnz's Avatar

You replied to my ish so now I'm doin the same, I'm not real big on religion (any of em) but this is sick bro I'd buy a CD just for this song #realtalk.

Member RD BATTLE MASTER

Religious songs and anit-religious songs alike are tricky. I understand that religion may have played a main role in your life and that you wish to share it through verse, but you did as many others do, you fell heavy into cliches.

I feel that when artists make religious pieces they tend to side on arrogance. Instead of passing on the "word of God" through lyrics they tend to talk about how everyone is screwed up and how they are not simply do to the intervention of God into their lives. You did this same thing. Don't talk down to the listener. If you must create religious pieces do so in ways that others do not. Allegorise religion. Create second person stories that involve religion as a protagonist. Take some of the stories from the old testament and spin them into modern day tales.

A tip on posting written pieces, please spell check and revise your post before submitting. The text you present is all we have, so when you misspell words it throws the structure off.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Rap Dogs Battle Master

It's Awesome 2 See a Piece Like This, In It's Rarity. Rhymes Surprised Me, Well Done Brotha. I Agree w/ D^ On The Spellcheck, Just Adds a Lil More Skill Look. Glad You Sent Me This Piece, Really Don't Look In This Forum Much. I Had a Piece Just Like THis, Years Back, I'd Be Down To Start a Lil Thread For This Topic. ^2U.

Anyhoo, Dope Read w/ the Choice Of Topic. Keep ya Head Up!

HOF
    .. (You Already Know)..[Champion Of Everything]. (Beat The Best..Reaped The Rest) ..
    H.W.

say homie frist off appreciate the feed i c u been hear 4 10 yrs and ima respect u for that alone
    but i feel had u had a lil more intel on my usual bodyies of work ud realize the first person id be pointin the finger at as far as guns n drugs talk is me and believe me real emcees will check u on ur realness first off and i feel the community hear through pure consistancy if nothing else has grown 2 accept that im not gonna rap about shit i dont know about cuz i take this very seriously they day i throw in the towel and accept rappin as a hobby and give up on it as my biggest career dream ill prolly just lay it own alltoether just a couple other points rl quick (sorry 4 the story)the most imporant things u need 2 know are in the first bar of the first verse and i take my faith very serious when i say i wrote this in jesus name i mean i sai a prayer b4 i started writing this and aske him 2 speak through me so im absolutely sure thier are no cliches here also u can give it a second read i never lied to my audience 1 time and like i also say in first bar since this song written for god i asked agree or disagree plz respect that fact neway again if u actually read it all i apologize 4 the novel and again i do appreciate tha feed

and k so glad u posted cause i know u aint go sugar coat it and regarless of how many of my pieces u crushed with realness i respect u 4 ur skills u da best here that rap dogs p4p champ lol and all u got is spellcheck cmon hell u even forgot 2 say keep elevatin but no worries i will

Member Rap Dog Level III UNIDENTIFIED's Avatar
    ABOVE ALL PRINCIPALITIES OF MUNICPALITIES, POWERS OPPRESSORS OF COWARDS N EEIRIE RULERS OF THIS AGE

three words - do the audio
    Last edited by UNIDENTIFIED; 11-06-2012 at 07:19 AM.
    THE PICK-UP-THE-MIC-2012 MOVEMENT

Member RD BATTLE MASTER

You seem young. How old are you?

this was awsome and i love that last verse
    13 He hath also prepared for him the instruments of death; he ordaineth his arrows against the persecutors.
    - psalms chapter 7 verse 13

man thx everyone for feed and belive me im lookin into a way to record audio though i still dont have a beat 4 it lol and im 27

Rap Dogs Battle Master

Good LookZ On The Shout Out. & Wordage...We Alike Are Both Hardcore Xians's..I'm Proud To Say That, Too!

-|-
    |
    HOF
    .. (You Already Know)..[Champion Of Everything]. (Beat The Best..Reaped The Rest) ..
    H.W.

Member Rap Dog Level IX D I L L I _R's Avatar

I dug this ish. The lyrical complexity could have been higher, what with more multies and inners and imagery and such, but this was still good. The message was a good message, but as Divine said, it's a message that's been preached about before. Still though, kudos on tackling it so well, even for it being "played". But yeah, this was nice. Keep up the good work, man.

Oh, and side note to Divine: This guy comes across to me as one the "good ones" when it comes to religious people, in that he seems truly spiritual, so I just want to say, it's rather rude to mock and condescend to someone who has a strong faith in God, and I wouldn't have expected something that harsh from you, Divine. So what if the song is filled with "cliches"? It's not, to be honest, because JDough didn't mean for cliches, so in the meaning of this song, there are no cliches. You've got to respect the fact that he's taking this song straight from his heart to the paper, and the fact that he has meaning in his soul.

FYI everyone, I'm agnostic.

Member RD BATTLE MASTER

I wasn't being condescending in the least. I critiqued his peice, not his belief system. To say "So what if the song is filled with "cliches"? It's not, to be honest, because JDough didn't mean for cliches, so in the meaning of this song, there are no cliches." is just stupid.

Here is the definition of cliche as provided by dictionary.com: a trite, stereotyped expression; a sentence or phrase, usually expressing a popular or common thought or idea, that has lost originality, ingenuity, and impact by long overuse, as sadder but wiser, or strong as an ox.
    (in art, literature, drama, etc.) a trite or hackneyed plot, character development, use of color, musical expression, etc.
    anything that has become trite or commonplace through overuse.

So despite which organ you happen to believe he penned this with, it's cliched out the ass.

Let me be clear, I do not give a fuck about his beliefs and I do not and will not offer any respect for him or anyone else based soley on them. And yes, I expect the same in return. This is a rapboard, not church. We network for betterment in our writing technique or to simply exchange benign banter on current issues happening in the world of hip-hop. I offered ways that he can continue with this kind of material but keep it fresh and not fall between the cracks and succumbing to the likes of Kurt Franklin.

Now allow me to expand on respect. I do not want anyones. You all seem to possess this childish ideal that this forum is the real world. To accomplish something on here is, in reality, to accomplish nothing. I do not want respect for continuously signing in to the same forum for the past ten years. I also do not want respect for being "hall of fame." I would much rather have every one of you loath me with festering, bone-deep hatred than to brandish this fictional repect for fictional achievements.

Rap Dogs Battle Master

Now Turned 2 a Chat Room: 100 Post Limit....
    HOF
    H.W.

Member Rap Dog Level III

I would also like to hear the audio.. that's word.

http://forum.rapdogs.com/showthread....tian-Rap-Audio

sample of audio did hook and 1 verse